About

Thursday, December 29, 2011

last week of 2011

Mid-week:

The last, precious week of 2011: when I have consciously settled down into a flow of time that is not dictated by appointments and deadlines, that I can take my time over breakfast and bake in the morning or the night, that I can be anywhere at anytime with nothing in my mind and 1Q84 in my hands, that I can enjoy this absolutely lovely weather, windy and cloudy and drizzly, reading and people-watching with perfect company. That I can wander and be okay with plans changing throughout the days, that I can watch a movie and slowly move towards the house talking and talking and talking all the while with my hand in yours. It feels like Seattle, this flowing of time, and it is a wonderful luxury to be able to move along with it so naturally I often know not what its numbers are pointing at. And it's a luxury that will end upon the start of 2012:: the start of internship, which is another adventure in itself, in its time; what is now is now/

Powered by Blogger.