About

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

work

and here is internship, that turns the days into time very regular and with a few changes and choices, a life very healthy. I become the first to awaken in the family (sometimes even sleep), shower, sometimes make breakfast for my dad, and have a substantial breakfast before waking up my soul with chosen songs/a chosen song and walking to the station, joining the straggling beginnings to trains of crammed bodies. for the first week I have tried to have regular mealtimes, and with the help of the heaty cold and drowsy flu pills it has been working well. but as my body shakes it off I feel my restless mind awakening and starting to override what is good for the body...

the first few days especially I have been feeling out and learning the balance that has been established here thus far, both internal and external, my boundaries and where I can push both myself and ideas to, and also the personalities of the team here and the space that will be integral to everything


this will be my new second home: the implication of italicising the "will" is a commitment made, that in the span of my internship I will help to develop this space that has so much potential, that by far I can feel nothing wrong with the space here, but only in our human flaws of systems and red tapes, but I will try my best to let my mind fly, not lose to the system and make these ideas materialize and help the team here as much as I can


some of the artists' studios here: Justin Lee, Ryf Zaini, SCYA's space, and some of Han Sai Por's pottery works. each artist and group have really transformed their own studios into their own space, their personalities bursting from every corner. there were a few more studios seen during this tour for Amelia, the owner of a gallery based in NYC, and all I wanted to do was to open every door in the building to visit new worlds, like a child tearing each boxed present open from a pile higher than he or she 


and of course, the sunsets. this was a particularly stunning one, and this picture barely does it justice. the weather last week has been scorching, the sun triumphant without the usual clouds hiding us from her, and as a result this sunset had multiple and thick large orange and pink rays shooting and stretching far, far beyond the great expanse of evening blue sky from a sinking sun seemingly hiding behind buildings, ashamed of its weakening strength. even the buildings looked minute beneath this majesty, and I nearly had my nose shut on by the train doors each station as leaned out to soak the few precious minutes of vision in

there are few things more impactfully depressing than exiting a building bright from artificial light from work to a world already blanketed in heavy blue or the twinkling night

Powered by Blogger.